Do you wake up with daily headaches?
Recurring headaches can be indicative of a serious dental health concern. TMJ is a chronic pain disorder that often results in recurring headaches. Finding the right dentist with the appropriate training can help you find relief. Dr. Albert Caves helps patients with jaw pain and headaches diagnosis the root cause of their discomfort allowing for more precise and effective treatment.
Columbus, GA dentist Dr. Albert Caves is highly trained and experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Disorder. Utilizing the latest technology and techniques, Dr. Caves is able to diagnose and treat TMJ with more accuracy.
TMJ is most common in women aged 20 to 40.
TMD encompasses a wide range of issues that cause dysfunction and discomfort in your jaw and bite. TMJ is a complex disorder that requires an accurate diagnosis to allow for effective treatment. Symptoms of TMD can vary in severity and can worsen over time. Dr. Caves encourages patients to seek help as soon as they notice signs of TMJ. D
Signs You May Have TMJ
- Teeth grinding or clenching
- Sore jaw or jaw pain
- Neck or shoulder pain
- Poor range of motion in the jaw joints and/or locking jaw
- Popping noise in the jaw joint
- A pressure in the ear or earaches
TMJ Treatment Columbus, GA
There is no one cause for TMJ making it a complex condition to diagnose and treat. Every case and treatment plan is as unique as the patient. Dr. Caves will help you identify the underlying cause of your jaw joint discomfort so that he can recommend a treatment plan that will provide long-term relief. Taking the time to discuss your treatment options and incorporating your personal goals and budget, your dentist will build a TMJ treatment plan that fits your lifestyle and offers lasting results.
- Oral Sleep Appliance or Splint: A dental splint or an oral sleep appliance is an effective and conservative treatment option often reccomened for reducing TMJ headaches. Dr. Caves will custom fit a dental appliance that will bring your teeth and jaw joints into proper alignment allowing the jaw to rest while you sleep. Over time the facial muscles begin to heal and relax easing tension headaches and other painful symptoms. The custom oral appliance fits securely and comfortably into your mouth allowing for higher compliance rates and improved results.
- Bite Correction Procedures: For patients with advanced malocclusion or damaged teeth or gums, Dr. Caves may suggest more in-depth treatments such as bite adjustment, orthodontics or even dental restorations such as dental crowns or veneers to fully restore your smile.
You do not have to live with chronic headaches and facial pain. If you think you may be suffering from a TMJ disorder find relief with help from our Columbus, GA dentist office. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Caves in our Columbus dentist office.