Tooth Bonding An Overview
Composite bonding is a quick and easy cosmetic dental procedure. Dr. Caves can perform composite bonding in a single visit with great, long lasting results.
Composite dental bonding is a common solution for:
- Fixing or repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Reducing unsightly gaps or spaces between teeth
- Hiding discoloration or faded areas on the tooth’s surface
Composite dental bonding is a procedure in cosmetic dentistry used to improve the appearance of your teeth and enhance your smile. As the name indicates, composite material, either a plastic or resin, is bonded to an existing tooth. Unlike porcelain veneers or dental crowns, composite bonding removes little, if any, of the original tooth.
Benefits of Composite Dental Bonding
- It is a quick process, which typically lasts less than one hour.
- It does not reduce the tooth’s original structure and is relatively inexpensive.
- Composite resins come in many different shades and provide better matching of shades to the natural color of your teeth.