Composite bonding is a quick and easy cosmetic dental procedure. Dr. Caves can perform composite bonding in a single visit with great, long lasting results.
Composite dental bonding is a common solution for:
- Fixing or repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Reducing unsightly gaps or spaces between teeth
- Hiding discoloration or faded areas on the tooth’s surface
Composite dental bonding is a procedure in cosmetic dentistry used to improve the appearance of your teeth and enhance your smile. As the name indicates, composite material, either a plastic or resin, is bonded to an existing tooth. Unlike porcelain veneers or dental crowns, composite bonding removes little, if any, of the original tooth.
Composite dental bonding has many advantages:
- It is a quick process, which typically lasts less than one hour.
- It does not reduce the tooth’s original structure and is relatively inexpensive.
- Composite resins come in many different shades and provide better matching of shades to the natural color of your teeth.
Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist for Tooth Bonding
It is important to choose a skilled cosmetic dentist for composite dental bonding procedures because the composite is applied directly to the tooth and then sculpted into form without the use of aids or molds. Dr. Caves is a true artist, able to deliver the most natural looking results.
How long does Tooth Bonding last?
Dental composites are not as durable and long lasting as porcelain restorations and may need to be re-touched or replaced in the future. Avoid dark foods and beverages as dental composites may stain. As with any dental treatment, proper hygiene is important to the long term success.