Tuesday, May 29th, 2018
Yes, professional teeth whitening can be a quick, effective solution to brighten discolored and stained teeth. Dr. Albert Caves offers a full range of cosmetic dentistry services to enhance the appearance of damaged or healthy teeth. Dr. Caves offers professional teeth whitening as an effective solution for addressing stained or discolored teeth.
To determine if professional teeth whitening is right for you, contact our Columbus, GA dental office. Dr. Caves will work with you to provide the right solution to safely and effectively brighten your smile.
Is teeth whitening effective?
Yes, professional teeth whitening can be effective for whitening stained or discolored teeth. We use professional grade bleaching agent to safely whiten discolored multiple shades in just one visit to our Columbus, GA dental office. Patients also have the options of take-home teeth whitening treatment to safely and gradually whiten their teeth on their own time.
How do I maintain my teeth whitening treatment?
Teeth whitening can be maintained by performing your normal oral hygiene routine. Patients should brush their teeth twice a day, floss daily, and use an antibacterial rinse. Visiting the dentist at least twice a year can help keep your teeth healthy and functional. In some cases, Dr. Caves may provide take-home teeth whitening trays for routine touch-ups.
Is teeth whitening right for me?
Dr. Caves will perform a full comprehensive exam to determine if professional teeth whitening is the right cosmetic treatment for you. Certain stains cannot be treated with professional teeth whitening. In advanced cases, Dr. Caves may recommend porcelain veneers or dental bonding to address the appearance of stained or discolored teeth.
What are my options to brighten discolored teeth?
Depending on the condition of your teeth and your dental goals, Dr. Caves may suggest porcelain veneers or dental bonding to address stained or discolored teeth. Dr. Caves will work with you to determine the best options for your smile.
How do I schedule an appointment?
If you would like to explore your cosmetic dentistry options, contact our Columbus, GA dental office. Dr. Caves is an experienced, trusted dentist dedicated to helping you achieve your ideal smile. To schedule an appointment, call 706.407.4851 or schedule an appointment online.
Posted in: teeth whitening
Thursday, April 26th, 2018
Oral cancer is one of the deadliest forms of cancer. Oral cancer is often diagnosed in later stages, which may limit the number of treatment options available for patients. Early diagnosis may allow oral cancer patients to get the treatment they need to improve their health.
Patients who don’t fit the typical demographic for oral cancer diagnosis are being diagnosed at a higher rate. We encourage patients over the age of 18 years old to get screened for oral cancer at least once a year. Columbus, Georgia dentist Dr. Albert Caves uses state of the art screening technology to provide oral cancer screenings during all routine dental care visits. If you have not been screened for oral cancer this year, consider visiting Dr. Caves in Columbus, GA. If you need to schedule an oral cancer screening, call 706.407.4851 or schedule an appointment online.
Oral Cancer Screening in Columbus, GA
Oral cancer screenings are a quick, easy, and effective process. Dr. Caves incorporates state of the art technology to effectively screen patients for oral cancer. VELscope helps to improve Dr. Caves visual range while screening for oral cancer. The special light allows for more accurate diagnosis. VELscope® technology is a blue fluorescent light used to examine soft tissues of the oral cavity. Abnormal tissue appears as an irregular, dark area. Normal tissue is a green fluorescence pattern. If abnormal tissue is identified, Dr. Caves may order a biopsy to determine if oral cancer is present.
Signs of Oral Cancer:
- Sores or lesions
- Red or white patch
- Thickening of the skin, or lump
- Difficulty swallowing, chewing, or feel like you have a lump in your throat
- Persistent hoarseness of your voice or a sore throat
If you notice one or more of these symptoms, please schedule a visit to our Columbus, GA dental office as soon as possible.
Posted in: oral cancer, Oral Cancer Screening
Monday, March 26th, 2018
Dr. Albert Caves is a trusted family dentist in Columbus, Georgia. Our Columbus dental office offers a wide selection of dentistry solutions and treatments for patients of all ages. We focus on finding effective solutions for patients with complex dental problems like TMJ disorder, missing teeth, and advanced stages of gum disease.
We encourage our patients to visit our office for preventive dental checkups and practice excellent oral hygiene at home to promote a healthier smile. We aim to create long-lasting relationships with our patients where they feel comfortable and well informed every time they visit our dental practice. Dr. Caves is highly trained in many aspects of dentistry and works with you to find the right solutions for your teeth, gums, and joints. Our goal is to prevent complex dental problems and help patients maintain a healthy, functional smile.
Read what our patients are saying about their visit to our Columbus, GA dental practice!
I went today for a cleaning and had a wonderful experience. I’m one of those people who really dread the dentist but the lady who did my cleaning was extremely friendly. She made me feel comfortable, got to know me since I was a new patient and even explained the things she was doing. When Dr. Caves came in he was also quick, efficient and friendly. I would recommend this office to anyone!- Megan M.
Today was my first visit and I was extremely impressed. The entire staff was incredibly friendly as well as Dr.Caves and they took great care of me. Even upon calling their office to make my appointment my experience was great and they were more accommodating to myself as a new patient than my old provider was to me as a regular patient. It is a great feeling to know that you are cared for by a provider and staff that genuinely care about their patients.- Melissa H.
The front office was polite and clear on instructions provided as I was a new patient. I firmly believe the front office and hygienist determine the overall outcome of a dentist visit – the human perspective. The hygienist (Taylor) was remarkable and explained what she was doing, to include showing of X-rays and photos with explanations. Her demeanor was very friendly and sincere. The teeth cleaning was the best I have experienced, practically painless – thank you!! Dr. Caves was fully ready to meet my needs to conduct a required extraction of my first new patient appointment – I had to put it off until next week due to having a work obligation. Overall thoroughly pleased and happy!! -Joe P.
Schedule An Appointment
If you are searching for an experienced family dentist in Columbus, Georgia, visit Dr. Albert Caves. If you would like to schedule an appointment, call 706.407.4851 or schedule an appointment online.
Posted in: Family Dental Care
Tuesday, February 27th, 2018
What should I do if I have a broken tooth?
If you have a broken tooth, our Columbus, GA dental office has a solution for you. Restorative dentist Dr. Albert Caves offers comprehensive, effective dentistry solutions for patients with damaged teeth. Dr. Caves takes the time to address your dentistry goals and carefully examine your teeth before deciding which solution is right for you. Addressing damaged teeth can minimize your chance of sustaining more damage in the future. If you have any questions about your options or you would like to schedule a consultation, contact our Columbus, GA dental office.
Solutions For Damaged Teeth
Tooth bonding is an effective treatment that can be used to address chipped teeth, cracked teeth, fractured teeth, and gapped teeth. Tooth bonding is cost-effective, quick, and an effective way to treat damaged teeth.
Porcelain veneers can be used to repair chipped, cracked or broken teeth. Porcelain veneers are thin, porcelain ceramic covers that are permanently bonded to the front and sides of your teeth. Dr. Caves can work with you to create natural looking, durable porcelain veneers that blend with your natural smile.
Dr. Caves offers CEREC technology for same-day treatment. Dr. Caves can use CEREC technology to create custom-made tooth crowns. CAD/CAM technology allows Dr. Caves to design, fabricate and place all ceramic crowns in just one visit. Tooth crowns can be used to address damaged teeth, chipped teeth, fractured teeth, and mishappen teeth.
Schedule A Consultation
If you are have sustained tooth damage, it is important to find the right solution for your needs. Dr. Caves is a highly trained and experienced dentist in Columbus, GA who is dedicated to providing exceptional dental care. If you need to schedule a consultation, contact our Columbus, GA dental office.
Posted in: damaged tooth columbus
Monday, January 22nd, 2018
Tooth decay is one of the most common oral health concerns. Patients of all ages are susceptible to developing tooth decay if they don’t take proper care of their teeth. Tooth decay is often a result of poor oral hygiene and may lead to cavities if not treated. The good news is that tooth decay is preventable with proper care.
Columbus, GA family dentist, Dr. Albert Caves suggests that patients visit the dentist office at least twice a year for a routine dental check-up. During a dental checkup, Dr. Caves will examine your teeth and screen for any complex dental issues. Patients will also receive a detailed dental cleaning to remove any plaque buildup from their teeth. Catching tooth decay early can minimize the chance of needing advanced treatment in the future. Dr. Caves can develop a treatment plan that best suits your dental needs.
Tooth decay can develop when the plaque buildup on the teeth combine with the sugars and starches you consume, which can develop into an acid that weakens your tooth enamel. It is important to properly clean the teeth to minimize the chance of developing tooth decay.
Learning what steps to take to prevent tooth decay can help keep your smile healthy. Dr. Albert suggests patients schedule biannual preventive care visits and follow a regular oral hygiene routine. During your visit, patients will receive a dental cleaning which removes plaque buildup that normal brushing and flossing cannot reach.
To minimize your chance of developing tooth decay and other complex dental problems, patients should:
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Use a dental floss
- Chew sugarless gums between meals
- Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash
- Vist the dentist twice a year for a routine dental checkup
If tooth decay is present during your routine dental checkup, Dr. Caves may suggest one or more of these treatments
Treatment Options for Tooth Decay
Schedule A Visit
Visting the dentist regularly can minimize the chance of developing advanced dental issues. Dr. Caves is a highly skilled dentist who is committed to providing patient-focused dental care. If you need to schedule an appointment, you can contact our Columbus, GA dentist office or schedule an appointment online.
Posted in: Tooth Decay
Friday, December 22nd, 2017
Maintaining a healthy smile throughout the year can be easy for some patients. During the holidays, patients may have a more difficult time maintaining a healthy smile due to all the festivities and sugary foods that are available. Columbus, GA dentist Dr. Albert Caves wants each of his patients to do what they can to maintain a healthy smile through the holidays. You don’t want to start the new year with a damaged smile so finish this year strong. We have listed a few tips and tricks to consider during the holiday season to keep your smile healthy, beautiful, and functional.
- Maintain your regular oral hygiene routine. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss to remove debris stuck between the teeth. Also, consider using an antibacterial mouthwash to remove harmful bacteria from the mouth.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water can help prevent dry mouth, and it helps remove debris from the mouth.
- Chew sugar-free gum to keep your breath fresh and gently clean the teeth between meals.
- Avoid using your teeth to open presents. Your teeth are designed to chew, not open packages or twist off soda caps. When you use your teeth as tools, you may be putting your smile at risks. Dental problems like tooth damage, chipped teeth, cracked teeth, and even tooth loss can occur if you use your teeth as tools.
Schedule an Appointment
Dr. Caves suggests that patients visit his Columbus, GA dental office biannual for preventive care exams. To avoid injury or a complex dental problem, Dr. Caves performs comprehensive exams to check for any signs of dysfuntion. If there is a problem with your oral health, Dr. Caves will determine which cosmetic, restorative, or general dentistry treatment is right for you. To schedule an appointment, patients can contact our Columbus, GA dental or schedule an appointment online.
Posted in: Healthy Smile
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017
In our Columbus, GA, Dr. Albert Caves takes the time to address your dental needs and plan an effective treatment to restore health and function into the smile. During your visit to our Columbus dental office, Dr. Caves thoroughly screens the teeth and gums for any signs of gum disease. If gum disease is present, we offer a variety of periodontal therapy service to restore health back into the teeth and gums. Through detailed treatment planning and careful aftercare, health, beauty, and function can be restored back to your natural smile. If you are noticing any signs of gum disease, schedule an appointment at our Columbus dental office.
Treating Gum Disease
Depending on the stage or progression of gum disease, Dr. Caves can provide a range of periodontal therapy service to improve the quality of your smile. Depending on your needs and any other complex dental problem Dr. Caves may uncover during your comprehensive exam, he may provide one or more of these treatment options to improve your smile:
- Routine Dental Cleaning: During each preventive care visits, Dr. Caves performs a thorough, comprehensive examination of your teeth and gums to search for signs of gum disease. Patients also receive a detailed dental cleaning that helps remove debris and bacteria in the mouth that regular brushing and flossing cannot reach.
- Scaling & Root Planing: If you have bleeding gums, Dr. Caves may suggest scaling and root planing to remove plaque buildup and debris that may be irritating the gums. Scaling & root planing is a detailed dental cleaning that removes bacteria that brushing and flossing alone can not clean.
- Laser Dentistry: Laser dentistry can be used to remove infected gum tissue, therefore eliminating gum disease. Laser dentistry can promote faster healing time because it helps minimize bleeding, swelling, and irritation after treatment.
- Periodontal Therapy: Periodontal therapy can include one or more of the treatments listed above. We may combine periodontal therapy and gum surgery if you are suffering from a more advanced stage of gum disease.
Posted in: bleeding gums, gum disease
Tuesday, October 24th, 2017
It’s October which means that the stores are filled with candy. We understand that temptation sometimes gets in the way of your oral health, but you have to take the necessary steps to protect your teeth. Columbus, GA dentist Dr. Albert Caves offers a range of services to improve teeth that have been damaged by tooth decay and cavities. However, the best plan of attack is preventive dentistry. Part of preventive dentistry is practicing proper oral hygiene and scheduling preventive care visits so that Dr. Caves can properly examine your smile. We know that its hard to resist temptation during the start of the holiday season, so we have prepared a few tips to keep in mind.
Tips To Keep Your Smile Healthy This Holiday Season
- Try to avoid sticky and hard candies. Sticky and hard candies can get lodged between the teeth, making it a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. The bacteria can stick to your teeth and cause problems for your oral health. Try chewing sugar-free gum if you have a sweet tooth. Sugar-free gum has been proven to increase saliva productivity which helps flush out harmful bacteria and debris.
- Brush your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes a day.
- Incorporate flossing to get rid of debris and bacteria in those hard to reach spots.
- Stay hydrated.
- Schedule preventive care visits to our Columbus, GA dentist office. Dr. Caves can properly check your mouth, teeth, gums, and jaw bone for any signs of dysfunction.Our preventive care visits also include a professional dental cleaning which can remove bacteria that regular brushing and flossing cannot. Depending on your needs, Dr. Caves can provide a restorative, general, or cosmetic dentistry service to improve your smile.
Schedule An Appointment
Schedule a dental cleaning and preventive care visit with Dr. Caves to help improve your smile. Patients can contact our Columbus, GA dentist office or schedule an appointment online.
Posted in: Oral Health
Tuesday, September 19th, 2017
The difference between bad breath and halitosis is that halitosis persists even after the use of mouthwash and brushing. If you are experiencing halitosis, it is easily treatable with proper care under an experienced dentist. Family dentist Dr. Albert Caves is a trusted dentist in Columbus, GA, dedicated to providing high-quality, comprehensive dental care. Our Columbus dental office offers a range of general, restorative and cosmetic dental service to patients in need of dental care. If you are experiencing signs of halitosis, visit our Columbus dental office.
Halitosis can be caused by a variety of different factors If you are noticing persistent bad breath, it is important you get your mouth checked by a trusted professional. Halitosis can be caused by:
- Infection: If you are sick, postnasal drip can affect the way your breath smells. The bacteria from the postnatal drip can produce a foul odor to develop. With proper medication, your nose and sinuses can return to normal and restore your fresh breath.
- Gum Disease: Gum disease occurs when plaque turns into bacteria that infect the gums. Gum disease can cause loose teeth, tooth loss, bad breath, and other complex dental issues. Some patients may not notice any signs of gum disease, so it is important to visit Dr. Caves at least twice a year for preventive care exams.
- Tooth Decay: Tooth decay is caused by bacteria that eat away at your teeth, leaving them susceptible to tooth sensitivity, toothache, infection, and foul odor. Dr. Caves offers a range of treatment for patients with tooth decay.
- Dry Mouth: Dry mouth occurs when there is a lack of saliva in the mouth. Saliva helps keep the mouth moisturized and helps keeps out harmful bacteria. Dry mouth can be caused by dehydration, medication, and even tobacco use. It’s important to inform Dr. Caves of any medication you may use so that he can determine if it plays a role in your halitosis.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are experiencing halitosis, Dr. Caves can help you find a solution. Dr. Caves is an experienced dentist, dedicated to providing comprehensive dental care for the whole family. Patients can schedule an appointment online or call 706.407.4851
Posted in: halitosis
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017
Are you missing teeth and looking for a way to restore your smile?
You may be an ideal candidate for dental implants. Dental implants can create a reliable, sustainable solution to patients who are missing one or more missing teeth. Dental implants can be used to secure a dental bridge, denture, or dental crown depending on your needs. Due to advancements in dentistry, dental implants are on the forefront of teeth replacement options for patients who are eligible. Dental implants can be used to restore the natural look and function of your smile.
Columbus dentist Dr. Albert Caves, DMD offers a broad range of service to help restore your missing teeth, including dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are small, titanium post that is surgically implanted into the jaw bone by a certified surgeon or periodontist. Dental implants provide a stable, functional foundation for restoration options like dental bridges, dental crowns, and dentures. Dr. Caves will work in close collaboration with a local surgeon to help patients achieve a beautiful, functional smile.
What issues do dental implants address?
- Replace a single tooth that is either missing or broken
- Restore a tooth with significant decay that can not be corrected with a dental crown or other restoration
- Replace multiple teeth where a dental bridge may be used
- Support a fixed denture to replace all of a patients teeth
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Prevents further bone loss
- Provides a natural looking solution for patients missing teeth
- Can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance
- Retain your natural face shape and structure
- Dental implants are convenient
- Don’t have to worry about slippage when eating or speaking
How long is the dental implant process?
The dental implant process can take anywhere from 3-6 months. Once the dental implant is attached to the jaw bone, a process called osseointegration takes place. Osseointegration happens when your dental implant fuses with the jaw bone, creating a stable foundation for Dr. Caves to attach a prosthetic tooth, crown, dental bridge, or denture. The dental implant process takes a few months, but the results are well worth the wait.
How do I schedule an appointment with Dr. Caves?
Dr. Caves works diligently to provide comprehensive; patient focused dental care. If you want to discuss your options for tooth replacement; visit our Columbus dentist office. New and existing patients can schedule an appointment online or call 706.407.4851.
Posted in: Dental Implants