Are you missing teeth and looking for a way to restore your smile?
You may be an ideal candidate for dental implants. Dental implants can create a reliable, sustainable solution to patients who are missing one or more missing teeth. Dental implants can be used to secure a dental bridge, denture, or dental crown depending on your needs. Due to advancements in dentistry, dental implants are on the forefront of teeth replacement options for patients who are eligible. Dental implants can be used to restore the natural look and function of your smile.
Columbus dentist Dr. Albert Caves, DMD offers a broad range of service to help restore your missing teeth, including dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are small, titanium post that is surgically implanted into the jaw bone by a certified surgeon or periodontist. Dental implants provide a stable, functional foundation for restoration options like dental bridges, dental crowns, and dentures. Dr. Caves will work in close collaboration with a local surgeon to help patients achieve a beautiful, functional smile.
What issues do dental implants address?
- Replace a single tooth that is either missing or broken
- Restore a tooth with significant decay that can not be corrected with a dental crown or other restoration
- Replace multiple teeth where a dental bridge may be used
- Support a fixed denture to replace all of a patients teeth
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Prevents further bone loss
- Provides a natural looking solution for patients missing teeth
- Can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance
- Retain your natural face shape and structure
- Dental implants are convenient
- Don’t have to worry about slippage when eating or speaking
How long is the dental implant process?
The dental implant process can take anywhere from 3-6 months. Once the dental implant is attached to the jaw bone, a process called osseointegration takes place. Osseointegration happens when your dental implant fuses with the jaw bone, creating a stable foundation for Dr. Caves to attach a prosthetic tooth, crown, dental bridge, or denture. The dental implant process takes a few months, but the results are well worth the wait.
How do I schedule an appointment with Dr. Caves?
Dr. Caves works diligently to provide comprehensive; patient focused dental care. If you want to discuss your options for tooth replacement; visit our Columbus dentist office. New and existing patients can schedule an appointment online or call 706.407.4851.
Posted in: Dental Implants