What are dental implants?Dental implants are small, titanium post that is surgically implanted into the jaw bone by a certified surgeon or periodontist. Dental implants provide a stable, functional foundation for restoration options like dental bridges, dental crowns, and dentures. Dr. Caves will work in close collaboration with a local surgeon to help patients achieve a beautiful, functional smile.
What issues do dental implants address?
- Replace a single tooth that is either missing or broken
- Restore a tooth with significant decay that can not be corrected with a dental crown or other restoration
- Replace multiple teeth where a dental bridge may be used
- Support a fixed denture to replace all of a patients teeth
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Prevents further bone loss
- Provides a natural looking solution for patients missing teeth
- Can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance
- Retain your natural face shape and structure
- Dental implants are convenient
- Don't have to worry about slippage when eating or speaking
How long is the dental implant process?The dental implant process can take anywhere from 3-6 months. Once the dental implant is attached to the jaw bone, a process called osseointegration takes place. Osseointegration happens when your dental implant fuses with the jaw bone, creating a stable foundation for Dr. Caves to attach a prosthetic tooth, crown, dental bridge, or denture. The dental implant process takes a few months, but the results are well worth the wait.
How do I schedule an appointment with Dr. Caves?Dr. Caves works diligently to provide comprehensive; patient focused dental care. If you want to discuss your options for tooth replacement; visit our Columbus dentist office. New and existing patients can schedule an appointment online or call 706.407.4851.
Posted in: Dental Implants